Apple Tart Platter
Please order 1 day in advance!
Taste and Appearance:
This Apple Tart is a looker! It’s crowned with a beautiful rose pattern of sliced apples. The juices from the cinnamon-sugar coated apple slices, baked into the buttery soft crust. This apple rose tart is lightly sweet and completely irresistible.
Apple, flour, butter, egg, water, sugar, lemon juice, salt and cinnamon.
Method of Preparation for the Tart:
- Melt butter until it is fluid.
- Mix flour, salt and butter using fingers pinching the mixture together.
- Add egg and water mixture to the dough and form a ball.
- As soon as the dough sticks together as a ball, put cling film around it to avoid moisture loss and cool it for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Roll the dough to 1mm thickness, then layer it inside the the baking form to create a tart shell.
Method of Preparation for Apple Tart Filling:
- Mix chopped apple, butter, sugar, salt and lemon juice cook 20 minutes till apple become soft.
- Then put cinnamon inside the cooked filling.
Method of Preparation for Apple Flower:
- Boil sugar water infused with lemon juice.
- Add sliced apple into boiling water.
- Take out apples when they become soft.
Assembly of the Apple Tart:
- Fill 80% of apple tart with apple tart filling
- Use 3 apple slices and toll them into a drum.
- Place the drum in the filling and then gently unfold one top side into a flower pattern.
- Add sugar and butter on top of flower and then bake.
- After baking garnish with powder sugar to highlight the flower edges.
Serving and Keeping Advice:
Please eat the apple tart once you receive it. If you must keep it to next day, then refrigerate it.
Apple tart recipes go back to the time of Chaucer. The 1381 recipe is the earliest known apple tart recipe in the world, and lists the ingredients as good apples, good spices, figs, raisins and pears. The core of the recipe is a casing of pastry. Saffron was used for coloring the pie filling.
Today, the English style incorporates generous layers of sweetened slices of, usually, Bramley apple; layered into a dome shape to allow for downward shrinkage, and thus avoid a saggy middle, then topped with butter or lard shortcrust pastry, and baked until the apple filling is cooked.
In English-speaking countries, apple pie, often classified as a satisfying 'comfort' food, is a dessert of enduring popularity, whether it's eaten hot or cold, on its own or with ice cream, double cream, or custard.
|Type of Store Credit value||Select|
We found other products you might like!
- Asian Curries Set for 12CN¥1,512.00
- Royal Lasagne Set for 12CN¥1,752.00
- Comfort Quiche Set for 12CN¥1,512.00