Made with minced beef, onion, garlic, celery and leek in a rich tomato sauce layered with pasta and a creamy cheese sauce. Served with salad and garlic bread on a side.
Taste and Appearance:
The rich flavor of the meat sauce is fragrant. It is sandwiched multiple times between pasta sheets, bechamel souce and covered with lots of cheese. Every bite is soft and chewy.
Bolognese sauce（Minced beef, peeled tomatoes with sauce, celery, onion, carrot, dry red wine, olive oil, garlic, salt, sugar, bay leaves), Bechamel sauce, Mozzarella cheese, Lasagna Pasta Sheets (water and flour), milk, butter, flour, salt, dried oregano and nutmeg.
Method of Preparation:
Bechamel Sauce (white sauce)：
- Put the butter in the pot and heat it up. Then add flour and mix it evenly to make it fully integrated.
- Heat the milk to 90 degrees and then slowly add it into the butter and flour mix. Continuously steer.
- Add salt, stir evenly, and finally add dried oregano. Stop fire after the enough water is evaporated and the sauce becomes thick.
Bolognese Sauce (red sauce)：
- Prepare the ingredients by removing skin, chopping and dicing of carrots, celery, onions and garlic.
- Gently fry onions in olive oil till golden brown, then add minced beef and fry it until color changes to dark
- Then, add carrots, celery, and garlic into the pan and cook together for 10 minutes.
- Add peeled tomatoes with fruit water and bay leaves, then add wine, sugar, salt and oregano leaves.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat and stir occasionally for about 60 minutes to evaporate enough water.
Assembly of the Lasagne:
- Cover the bottom of backing tray with a layer of white sauce (bechamel sauce) and then cover it with pasta sheets.
- Spread on top of the pasta sheets bologna sauce and cover it evenly with mozzarella cheese and dried oregano. Cover everything with a layer of pasta sheets.
- Spread a layer of white sauce evenly again, then spread a layer of mozzarella cheese, and then cover with a layer of dough.
- Spread second layer of Bologna sauce, mozzarella cheese and dried oregano and then cover with a layer of pasta sheets.
- Finally, add Bologna sauce again and cover with a generous layer of mozzarella cheese, then bake in an oven of 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
Serving and Keeping Advice:
Lasagna tastes best hot out of the oven. If you must keep it to next day, then refrigerate it.
To serve again, put into microwave for 3 minutes or in the oven for 10 minutes at 165 ℃.
Lasagna is a famous delicacy in Emilia-Romagna area of Italy. It is named after the name of the main city in the area: Bologna.
The earliest written records of Lasagna recipe can be traced back to the 14th century to be found inside a Naples cooking book.
Different flavors of meat, pasta, cheese, tomatoes and sauce overlap and create a rich, satisfying and filling meal, which is at the same time so tender it just melts in the mouth……